Anglican Overseas Aid is an overseas relief and development agency of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Our vision is for a just, peaceful and sustainable world free of poverty.
Anglican Overseas Aid works in partnership with Anglican and like-minded agencies to:
- Create and strengthen partnerships in developing countries to overcome poverty, injustice and disaster;
- Support our partners to respond and adapt to environmental challenges; and
- Inspire Australians to be compassionate, involved and responsible global citizens.
In the spirit of the Gospel, Anglican Overseas Aid:
- Works for justice, equity, reconciliation and peace.
- Acts in solidarity with the poor and marginalised.
- Responds with compassion.
- Works with respect to build on the strengths in partner communities.
- Is committed to transparency and accountability.
- Strives to achieve sustainable outcomes that improve quality of life.
As part of our commitment to transparency, you can review our strategic goals for 2016 – 2019.
Strategic goal 1
To become more innovative in our programs through a broader range of partners, different modes of partnering, and an active exploration of alternative models including social enterprise.
Strategic goal 2
To achieve a diversified and sustainable financial base for Anglican Overseas Aid with a measured performance better than the sector.
Strategic goal 3
To expand Anglican Overseas Aid’s focus on emergencies through disaster risk mitigation and an emphasis on longer-term recovery within a sustainable development framework.
Strategic goal 4
To leverage our faith identity so that our stakeholders achieve a deeper understanding and engagement with Anglican Overseas Aid as a leading niche development agency.
Strategic goal 5
To actively seek improvement in our internal processes, while adopting a ‘whole-of-organisation’ view.